Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Think My Nightmare is Almost Over

Well it is now 2am and I think I can see the end of the tunnel. This nightmare has lasted 17 days. On May 23 all I could think about was how blessed I was that I had Joseph with me. Last night (actually morning) at 3am my prayer lasted about an hour and all I could say was "thank you, thank you, thank you! Doug and Joseph are alive". I have met so many angels in these last 17 days. I have felt the Lord's hand and direction at every turn. The fact that Doug and Joseph are alive is evidence of that! I am so grateful for the direction that we had in moving hospitals, Dr. Clark, my hero, who woke up in the middle of the night to perform surgery, and Dr. McDonald (Bishop McDonald) in Bellevue, and especially the Lord in extending the 12 to 36 hour life line to 40 hours so Doug could participate in the baptism from this side of the veil. To think that Doug is coming tomorrow, and Joseph is leaving tomorrow, both positive steps, jobs will be secure, and both are alive. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I am grateful for a son and a husband that call every 15 minutes to check in.

I must go to sleep now because I will receive a 8am call from my boy saying "Good Bye", and a 9am call from my husband saying "Hello", and in 12 days we will all be united again....."Thank you again, for the great tender mercies"

1 comment:

Tauna Isenhour said...

I think it is great that you have a great friend like Anne to use as a sound board. I think sometimes we aren't always able to articulate what we want to say to our spouses and we don't always understand what is going on. In my case most the time it is my friend Becca that is their for me and I know for you it is Anne. They help us - even when we don't fully understand why we have to go through what we are going through and women are different from Men and even though we still love you all... You will never understand us the way our Girl - FRIENDS.. do.