Friday, June 13, 2008

J.R. You Crack Us Up!

J.R. comes up with the funniest things. We thought we would jot a few of them down. He has been checking on his Pop pop since he found out he was in the hospital. Tonight he called to check in on him and at the end of the call Pop pop said "Good Night, Sweet Dreams", J.R. responded with "Sweet dreams to you and it was nice to meet you too!"


In May he was calling us everyday and asking to see the new puppies on the web cam. Finally after watching them for a while he said, "Gram Gram do you like girls?", I knew where he was going with his question so I said, "Why yes, I do like little girls", he said "well I have a little girl named Callie Jo, would you like to trade me my little girl for one of the puppies?"


When he was here visiting last month he fell in love with one of the little male puppies. At first he didn't know how to tell the females from the males. I showed him how to tell the difference and he decided that one of the little males was his favorite. He named him "Light Body" after one of his favorite hockey players. It wasn't very long before Light Body knew him too and would run to him and James every time they came into the room. I sent the puppy with a friend a few weeks ago when she flew to Dallas. The family was excited to receive him and on one of our phone calls I asked J.R. when he was going to send Callie Jo. He came up with a lot of excuses why Callie hadn't been sent yet. Finally he told me that she was just to busy lately but he would be sending her soon. I finally let him off the hook and told him that he could keep the puppy and Callie Jo....he was so relieved.


J.R. we love you so much! You always get so excited to see us, and tell us how much you want us to come to see you. Before your last visit to our house you called me and said, "Gram Gram, I am missing you so much it is hurting my heart" That is when I told you I would be sleeping in your bed in 6 sleeps (that is how we count days). Daddy helped make you a count down calendar so your heart would stop hurting. Then it turned out you would be coming here and we would cancel our trip to Louisiana, it wasn't a week after you had returned home when you informed me that now it was my turn to come to stay at your house because you were the last one to travel. I can't wait to see you again and I will post all the funny things you and Callie say this time, because they make me and Pop pop laugh. Thank you for all your phone calls and prayers for Pop pop, that helped make Pop Pop better.

No comments: