Friday, August 1, 2008

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

Well you can always tell when I am getting bored, I start a new business. It will be interesting to see if this one materializes. I was thinking of my favorite store, and thinking how sad it is that the closest one is in Salt Lake. So I went down to "The Junction" in Ogden and found my favorite location, right across from the Larry H. Miller Mega Plex. When I stand on the pad I can see the Ogden Temple, Iggys, Rodizio Grill, I Fly and many more. So far I love the location, RMCF tried to talk me into putting it in the Layton Hills Mall (they already have that site approved) but I really wanted it at The Junction. After reviewing the Boyers project they strongly agree that it is time that we open a RMCF north of the Gateway. They are very excited about the location, approved me, and they sent the papers FED EX, so hopefully I will be locking in the location of my dreams this week.

I have also been very involved in Trina's wedding, she asked me to come to her bridals with her. If you haven't received your invitation yet, watch for it in the mail, she is a beautiful bride and I am honored to be this involved. Pops was called to the Young Men's Presidency, funny enough on the day of his "near death experience". He thanked the Bishop, he contributes that to one of the reasons he was able to stay with us. I am so grateful for him, as you can tell by the name of my blog. He took me and my children under his wing at a time when I was loosing my Mother, the sole provider of my children, and had an ex husband who not only didn't support us financially or emotionally, but tried to shut down my business every way he could. It never fails to shock me when I think of the Hell that man put us through, we would have been homeless, without a penny for food, if he had been successful in all his diabolical schemes. I thank God every day for a man that would work night and day, through the worst imaginable weather, under the worst conditions, not only to give us food and shelter, but to spoil us rotten. I am grateful to the children who came running to his bed side in his darkest hour. J.R. especially was concerned over "Pop Pop". He called every day to check on him. Doug is still in a lot of pain, but has started back to work. He comes home every night holding on to his side. I hope and pray that he will be able to retire in two years...even if it means I make caramel apples for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...it is my mission in life to visit every single RMCF on the face of the earth! Ha...you think I'm kidding!! You opening a new one, adds one more reason to come home for a visit! (I've finished all of them in the state of Illinois) Good luck with it, it's a GREAT store!
Robyn
www.nykazafamily.com
www.fromthetweenscene.com

Principal Sal said...

Hi Melody!
I saw you stopped by my blog! I checked out your link. It is fun to see what you and your family are up to. I am so glad Doug is better. Chris just told me what happened to him! That is very SCARY!! I hope all is well with you guys. It looks like you are having a busy summer. How exciting for you to open up a RM Chocolate store. I always give my secretaries caramel apples for secretaries day! Good luck to you.