Sunday, September 14, 2008

Doug will be helping to clean up the damage



I am grateful to say that James and Tauna were spared from the hurricane, but Texas has been devastated. Doug will be heading down there with his crew to help restore the power. It is hard to conceive so much damage and destruction, I feel so sorry for those people who have lost everything! It makes we wonder how long it will take to get their entire power grid back up, especially with all the water; power and water don't mix. I am sure James and Doug will be working together down there. I think it is ironic that Doug has to clean up after Ike.

5 comments:

Heather D said...

Wow, I can't believe Doug is going to help out. I haven't seen the news lately, it must be a lot worse than I know about. What an experience that will be for him. If you get lonely you can call us and we will come visit you or vice versa. I am so excited for you to go to Hawaii, I am also so jealous!!! I think a good break from reality is just what you deserve!

Tauna Isenhour said...

James was hoping IKE would leave it's name and it sure did we had Sirens going off on base and they were telling us to seek shelter and saying that there was a tornado in less then 1 mile, the base looks pretty torn up tree wise, and debris wise. It got pretty crazy here. I am glad that you are able to go to Hawaii I know it's been a while sinc you last went. It will be a fun trip for you. and the Honeymooners:)

MelodylovesHuggie said...

I know in case some don't know James goes by Ike. He told me he wanted it to make it's mark, but not hurt anyone. There was another one behind it called "Josephine" I think it has calmed down though.

MelodylovesHuggie said...

There have been several crews who have gone down and had to turn around and come back because the living conditions are not safe, it will be a long time before Galviston Island will be inhabitable.

Unknown said...

Tyson is down there helping clean up Galveston Island right now... He says it was pretty devastating in some areas...