Tuesday, September 23, 2008

O.K. Life is still sweet. . .

Sorry no photos. I have to say that I had a wonderful day with Kristin today. It is amazing to me because I can see our genes run through our family. Kristin reminds me so much of Melissa it is amazing, her sense of humor, the inflection in her laughter, even her mannerisms. It's fun because when I am with Peggy I get to see my Mother. I was speaking to Robyn the other day for about 4 hours and finally she said, talking to you is just like talking to my Mother, even the way you laugh! When I speak to Heather and Joey it is like a wonderful visit with my dear sister Jeri, and my precious brother Joe....I love it! Family is everything!

Oh also, I posted the "life is sweet" with a warning....Friday I was moving wood from the back wood pile to the side of the house and was attacked by about 50 hornets. If I hadn't had my ipod on, I might have heard them swarming around my head but I thought it was just a branch hanging down tickling my head. Then I held about three logs up to my body and felt a sharp prick and thought a pine needle had pierced through my skin, then I realized there were hornets all around my body, under my shirt, and up my jeans, and by the time I was done striping off all my clothes I had over 10 huge stings and 30 nice attempts to pierce through my clothes.... I have known for a long time that I am allergic to hornets...so I spent the weekend soaking in a soda tub, and sleeping off the benadryl. Anne and I laughed about it later, and she said, "I warned you about saying that out loud!" We also agreed late last night, we still think it is sweet, it just has a few stings mingled in.

3 comments:

Heather D said...

Man, I'm glad you're ok. That can be very dangerous, not to mention really painful I'm sure. That reminded me of Kelly Anne's attack a month or so ago, I hope I'm not next in the family. I'm glad you're having fun with Kristen, I can't wait to see her!

Sherri said...

That would scare the heck out of me. Thanks again, Mel for letting us invade you Friday night.

Heather D said...

Mel and Doug, thanks so much for hosting another fun party! It's so fun to get together with everybody and we all appreciate you providing a place to do it. I hope you feel better soon Mel!